Tater Tots Sunday Breakfast Casserole
Does it have to be Sunday to make this Tater Tot Sunday Breakfast Casserole? No, but this dish is so delicious, it is a Sunday Breakfast in one casserole.
First, you are going to want to spray the pan with some non-stick spray. Butter or oil is an acceptable option for this as well.
Preheat the oven to 450, or 425 F with convection.
Next, layer the bottom of a 3 quart baking dish with tater tots. You don’t have to line them up row by row if you don’t want to. I have done it both ways and it does not affect the taste. Besides, you cannot even tell with the eggs and other ingredients covering the tots.
In a mixing bowl, you are going to want to whisk a dozen eggs. Season how you like. I like to use salt and pepper. Simple. Add a cup of shredded cheese, cheddar is great, but whatever you have on hand will do.
You can either mix in the spinach, or place it on top of the casserole whole for a more rustic look.
Pour the egg and cheese mixture on top of the tater tots. Roughly chop some bacon and sprinkle it, uncooked over the top. Now, add the spinach for the rustic look. Sprinkle with a little extra cheese. Place that beauty in the oven for 30 minutes.
Breakfast is served. Want to add something sweet to your breakfast? Check out my pumpkin donut holes. By the way, with 12 servings in this, there may be some leftovers. Let me tell ya, this DOES make good leftovers.
Tater Tot Sunday Breakfast Casserole
- 3 qt baking dish
- mixing bowl
- 12 eggs
- 2 slices bacon
- 1 pkg Ore-Ida Tater tots (any brand will do. I just like how Ore Ida's always crisp up)
- 1¼ cup shredded cheese (preferably cheddar)
- 1 green onion
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- ¼ cup fresh spinach leaves
- Preheat the oven to 450°F or 425°F if using convection
- Spray a 3 QT baking dish with nonstick spray
- Layer the bottom with tater tots
- In a mixing bowl, whisk the eggs.
- Add salt and pepper, cheese, green onion and stir.
- Pour over the tater tots.
- Chop two slices of bacon and sprinkle over the casserole.
- Add the spinach leaves to the top
- Sprinkle with the remaining cheese
- Bake for 30 minutes.