Do you ever feel lost about what is in your cleaning closet? Maybe you have too much…..maybe too little. Maybe you aren’t convinced your cleaners are effective. I know I have tried and even made some I wasn’t fond of.
A clean home was a cornerstone. A warm, inviting home was the pride of the American woman. Some of the cleaning supplies from then, are still relevant today (Ajax or Tide for example). Some however were full of very toxic things and taken off the market.
Well, today, we are going to discuss the staples that belong in the homemaker’s cleaning supplies. This is not brand specific.
Remember folks, when you stock up on cleaning supplies, keep them out of reach of children.
Ladies, feel free to comment on what cleaners you use that make your life easier!
Cleaning Supply List:
- Bleach-can be used to whiten clothing, clean mildew from tile or grout, remove mildew from shower curtain liner, clean and sterilize items (i.e. toys and cutting boards)
- Laundry Sanitizer (great for clothing and bedding when seasonal sickness is rampant)
- Baking Soda (a good abrasive cleaner)
- Washing Soda (laundry booster, cleanser, keeps sinks clear, carpet stain remover, and many more)
- Laundry Detergent
- Pretreating spray
- Color safe bleach
- Toilet cleaner
- Shower, tub, and tile cleaner
- CLR (removes lime scale)
- Ajax or Comet
- Furniture Polish
- Stain markers (for quick touch up on furniture)
- Hand vacuum
- Air freshener
- Multi-surface cleaner
- Glass cleaner
- Oven cleaner (if you don’t have the self clean ing feature)
- Disinfectant spray
- Floor cleaner
- An old toothbrush
- Toilet brush
- Microfiber cloths
- Disinfectant wipes
Alright ladies, get your cleaning supplies in order. Hate to say it, but summer is waning and the Holidays are coming! Need to have a clean house for your guests.
Leave a comment with your favorite cleaning item and why!