Many people have a “go-to” cold pasta salad dish. For most, it is some sort of Italian flavored salad. (Check out a good one here.) What about spicing up your next dinner with my Buffalo Chicken Pasta Salad? My husband and friends absolutely loved it!
- 2 stalks of celery (diced)
- 2 green onion (chopped)
- 1 cup of Mayonnaise
- 3/4 Cup of Frank’s Red Hot Sauce
- 1/4 cup cubed cheddar (My preference was to cut the cubes the same size as the diced celery)
- 1/4 tsp celery salt
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp celery seed
- 1 lb of spiral noodles (Any noodles will do, but these seem to hold onto the flavorful sauce the best and have the best look)
- 1-2 Cooked chicken breast cubed or shredded
Boil the noodles in 1/4 tsp salt but otherwise as directed on the packaging. While the water is coming to a boil, dice the celery and chop the onion. In your serving bowl, mix together your mayo and Frank’s Red Hot, celery salt, onion powder, and celery seed. While the noodles are cooking, add your cooked chicken to the sauce mix and stir it around until the chicken is sufficiently coated. Once the noodles are cooked, rinse them in cold water to cool them down quickly. Add them to your serving bowl. Finally, add the green onion, cheese, and celery. Stir to evenly mix everything together. You can refrigerate and serve later, or serve instantly.